COVID–19 Emergency Fund
The Foundation has set up an emergency fund to help small to medium sized organisations who are struggling to manage the financial impact of COVID-19 either because of increased demand for their services or loss of income. The fund is targeted at organisations in a critical position.
Grants are for a maximum of £1,000.
Who can apply:
- The organisation must be a charity, CIC or registered society
- The organisation’s income must be no more than £500,000 and have free reserves of no more than £100,000
- The organisation must operate in one of the following categories:
- Education relating to non-domestic animals (this includes animal husbandry, veterinary science, animal welfare and surgery, and organic farming). Applications concerning domestic animals like dogs and cats are not accepted
- Visual and performing arts;
- Medical research;
- The relief of disability or severe illness;
- The accommodation of those in need.
- The application must relate to the financial impact of COVID-19, starting no earlier than 1 March 2020;
- Applications will not be accepted from ‘Friend’s-Of’ charities;
- The applicant’s beneficiaries must be primarily in the UK.
What can the funds be used for:
- Staff costs and other overheads (except where staff are not required and/or staff could have been furloughed) where income has been affected by COVID-19 or the lockdown;
- Increased demand for services linked directly to COVID-19 or the lockdown;
- Changes to working practices, such as the purchase of laptops or remote access technology, protective equipment to work safely with beneficiaries;
- Deep cleaning of premises because of a confirmed case of COVID-19.
Apply through their website