The Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust has launched its new grant programmes. Applications are now being welcomed under the following priority areas:
- Peace and security – to support a transition towards: the use of ‘soft’, rather than ‘hard’ power as a first line of response to conflict within society and around the world; the de-legitimisation of violence as a tool for responding to conflict, securing interests of projecting power; a culture of human rights and non-violent problem-solving, promoted at all levels of society.
- Power and accountability – support people to create a world in which power is more equally shared, and in which powerful institutions are responsive and accountable to wider society and aligned with the long-term public interest.
- Rights and justice – to promote racial justice and equality of opportunity as a basis for a harmonious multi-racial, multi-ethnic society in the UK.
- Sustainable future – to develop and promote sustainable, low-carbon alternatives to the current consumerist and growth-based paradigm.
- Northern Ireland – to fund work which will contribute to the ongoing transformation of the Northern Ireland conflict.+
Full details here