The funding aims to help build resilience within a local community. Grants of up to £2,000 are available for projects and providing equipment for people in need at the heart of local communities.
All projects must support a community of interest, for example people who are:
- Disabled or suffering chronic illness.
- Living in poverty.
- Voluntary carers.
- Isolated older people.
- Other demonstrable significant need.
Eligible projects should be able to show that they meet at least one of the following Key Performance Targets for their beneficiaries:
- Decreased social isolation.
- Improved health and wellbeing.
- Improved resilience/coping mechanisms.
- Improved life skills.
- Improved opportunities.