The GlaxoSmithKline IMPACT Awards recognise and reward small to medium-sized charities in the UK that are doing excellent work to improve people’s health. Applicants must target community health needs in the UK and have a track record of achievement in this area.
The Awards recognise excellence in existing work and do not seek to fund new projects. Applications should meet the following assessment criteria which focus on six areas of impact:
– Innovation: Leadership, creativity and initiative in addressing current challenges in healthcare access and delivery.
– Management: Efficient use of resources; quality of management processes; equality of opportunity; clear objectives and plans; strength and financial effectiveness of the organisation.
– Partnership: Working effectively with others (members, users, private and public sector partners, etc.); willingness to share ‘best practice’ and to learn from others.
– Achievement: Measurable results achieved; numbers of people benefited; impact on access to healthcare; a reflective approach to evaluation of the work; measurement and monitoring of performance.
– Community focus: Involving and responding to users and the community; openness and provision of information; adaptability to changing circumstances and needs.
– Targeting needs: Awareness of community issues and priorities and having a detailed understanding of the target community; ensuring services are accessible to, and focus on, people in need.
Up to ten winners will receive £30,000 unrestricted funding with one overall winner receiving an extra £10,000. Winners will also receive free training and development valued at up to £6,000, a specially commissioned professional film and photographs along with publicity and press support. Up to ten runners-up will receive £3,000.
The deadline for applications is 19 September 2014. More info on the website.