Betty Messenger Charitable Foundation’s Grant Programme for Small Charities
The Small Charities Coalition has been awarded £50,000 from the Betty Messenger Charitable Foundation to make available as small grants to organisations who are temporarily struggling, but otherwise viable.
This guidance describes what the fund will support and how to apply.
Type of organisation
- Grants are made to organisations that are primarily UK-based, and when overseas only through UK-based charities.
- Funding is only available to registered charities.
- Organisations must have been established for at least one year, and must be able to produce either independently examined or management accounts.
Definition of small
The definition of a small charity is any organisation with an income of under £1 million.
Particular areas of interest
- Care of those suffering from disease
- Caring in the community for disabled and people on the margin
- End of life
- Interfaith projects with a focus engendering tolerance and breaking down prejudice
- Medical projects
- General appeals
- Non-registered charities
- Organisations which adopt a partisan political stance or activities which are party political
Guidelines are here
Application for is here