The Ashworth Charitable Trust is a small grant-making charity that primarily supports registered charities undertaking humanitarian causes locally, nationally or internationally that share the Trust’s vision and underlying principles. The Trust’s underlying principles are:
- The oneness of humanity.
- The establishment of true justice.
- The paramount importance of education for all.
- The need to address the situation of the very poor and of those at the margins of society.
- That all people everywhere should be able to share the fruits of and be empowered to participate in the construction of a just, prosperous and sustainable society.
- That to achieve these aims, it is necessary to build the capacity of individuals, communities and institutions.
Grants are usually made for up to £3,000. In exceptional circumstances grants may be awarded up to £5,000. Priority is given to smaller charities. Applications are made online on the Trust’s website: http://www.ashworthtrust.org/