LEADER uses local knowledge to promote a joined-up “Grass Roots” community-led delivery for rural development.
The One Powys Local Action Group has been formed and submitted a Local Development Strategy to Welsh Government in September 2014. It has been successful in securing £3,750,000 for projects which will create vibrant, empowered and connected local communities, delivering sustainable and innovative solutions to current and future economic, social and environmental issues, to enhance the economic wealth of the County.
- Adding Value to local identity and natural and cultural resources
- Facilitating pre-commercial development, business partnerships and short supply chains
- Exploring new ways of providing non-statutory local services
- Renewable energy at community level
- Exploitation of digital technology