CABWI Awarding Body is a leading awarding body for the Street Works and Street Works Reassessment Schemes in excavation and reinstatemnt of the highways, offering vocational qualifications for those working in the water and wider utilities industries. They have been working with Jay Charity Consultancy Services to develop a grants programme to support lifelong learning and development
AIM: to promote lifelong learning and development that enables people to enter the labour market or gain additional skills to further develop their career.
1. To work directly with young people (aged 14-24) who are either not in employment, education, or training (NEET), or with young people who are at risk of becoming NEET, to improve their access to employment and the labour market.
2. To reach and work with individuals with complex barriers to employment, enabling them to move closer or into employment, including but not restricted to ex-service personnel and ex-offenders.
3. Increase the life skills of people so that they may further develop their careers, with a particular focus on the water, utilities, and construction industries
1. Support to reach and work with individuals with complex barriers to employment gain relevant qualifications to enter the water, utilities, and construction industries workforce.
Please Note: Relevant CABWI qualifications could be provided free of charge.
2. Support to reach and work with ex-service personnel and ex-offenders
3. Projects that have clear and well-established connections to employers who can offer meaningful work experience and/or employment.
Grants of up to £35,000 a year will be available for up to two or three years. You may only apply for a maximum of 15% of your last year’s turnover