The Society Foundation is an independent grant giving trust. They provide financial support for organisations that help potentially disadvantaged people move towards paid work.
The groups they prioritise are the recently homeless or vulnerably housed, ex-offenders, and 16-24 year olds not in employment, education or training.
They typically offer micro-grants of up to £2,000 to small or growing organisations with a turnover of up to £500,000. They are particularly interested in providing funding for capacity building activities, including IT infrastructure and equipment, staff training and development, and external consultancy/support.
They will not fund any of the following:
- general overheads or non-specific staff costs;
- political, lobbying, campaigns or policy work;
- the promotion of religion, or projects that only provide benefit to a specific religious group;
- animal welfare;
- umbrella or grant making organisations;
- projects based outside the UK;
- projects that have already taken place;
- generic circular appeals.