Applications for KIT (Keep It Tidy) Walsall fund are now open.
Grants are available up to £2,000 to existing and new community groups for the purposes of cleaning Walsall’s urban environment, so that the high streets are a more pleasant place to shop, work, stroll and enjoy.
The aims of the funding programme are:
- To engage the community in keeping the urban environment clean and attractive.
- To increase the sense of community.
- To engage new volunteers.
- To link community groups engaged in ‘clean up’ activities with public and private (shops and other commercial premises) sectors.
- To create a network of ‘clean up’ groups to share learning and resources.
Eligible expenditure will be anything that supports the activity and will most likely include:
- litter pickers
- bags etc
- high visibility vests
- volunteer expenses (travel, refreshments)
- inexpensive mobile phones
- Printing of posters, leaflets etc.
KIT Walsall is intended to increase the area covered by street-cleaning community groups so that existing groups can apply along with new groups.
The application form can be downloaded here. The funding scheme opens on 1 June and the deadline for applications is 30 June 2019.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by email or to Jerome Chambers, 16-16a Bridge St, Walsall, WS1 1HP