Calor are offering grants of up to £5,000 for projects that will provide an on-going service for rural communities. Applications are now open until 9th April
Three levels of funding are available: 11 x £5,000 grants, 6 x £2,500 grants and 5 x £1,000 grants to the winning rural projects. If you’re a finalist but you don’t receive a top prize, you will still be awarded with £500.
Don’t forget, the funding you apply for must equate to 50% or more of your total project cost.
- It will make a positive difference to your rural community; benefitting the wider community and not just one individual, or a one off event
- It is connected with a community organisation or charity and is not-for-profit
- It will take place in either Scotland, England or Wales
- It is capable of being completed within 12 months of receiving funding if successful
- The level of funding you are applying for is equal to or more than 50% of the total project cost
- It is based in a rural off mains gas grid location and is not connected to mains gas
- It is a non-political project
- Operates on a non-discriminatory basis
- The funding would not be used for employment expenses (for example salary and overhead costs)
- If relating to the provision of alternative energy/heating solutions, the funding would not be for an energy/heating source other than LPG
Full details here