These are suggestions from a recent thread on LinkedIn of what makes a good fundraiser, anymore suggestions?
You need to be passionate about the cause – people give to people .
- Have belief in the cause, it is hard to be passionate about it otherwize
- Being clear about what you want to achieve to communicate your message well
- You need a strong backbone; be prepared for knock backs
- Have a good understanding of the donors and what they want/expect in return
- Being able to build and maintain relationships
- Determination and persistence to find the secure the funding;
- A pride in what you do
- Understanding of the fundraising environment
- To take advantage of every offer of help