The Lottery have listed the top reasons for applications failing that are made to Awards for All…………
It seems obvious, but you’d be amazed by the number of application forms we receive that are incomplete. If your application is not complete then it can’t be assessed. Make sure you thoroughly read through the application guidance first and ensure you answer ALL the questions in the form.
Again, it might sound simple but please double check that all of your personal information, such as names and addresses are spelled correctly.
The most common application mistakes we see are:
- Contacts not being suitable; ensure your senior contact is able to be legally responsible for any grant we may offer.
- The main and senior contact being the same person.
- Home addresses, dates of birth and landlines not included for both contacts, which includes schools.
- If you are a company, the senior contact needs to be registered as one of at least three unrelated directors at Companies House.
- If you are a registered charity, the senior contact needs to be listed as a trustee and there should be at least three unrelated trustees registered at the Charity Commission.
- The name and address of the organisation not matching what is registered at the Charity Commission or Companies House – we do check this.
- The bank account name not being the same as your organisation’s name.
- The organisation’s incomings and outgoings not being provided.