Grants for project to benefit people aged 60+
Grants are available to both large and small project which seek to improve the environment in which old people live. This includes:
• The care and environment of older people.
• Rehabilitation for older people.
• ‘Cinderella’ or ‘unfashionable’ projects which often find it difficult to attract funding.
• The delivery of solutions that address disability, disease and frailty related to ageing.
There are four categories of award:
• Building grants.
• Equipment grants.
• Core costs/staffing grants.
• Small grants (usually under £10,000).
No awards are made for less than £1,000, grants over £1million are only made in exceptional circumstances. Grants are normally awarded for a maximum of three years. In 2012/13 a total of £2.675 million was made available for grants. The Trust will consider applications for direct costs such as staffing, buildings or equipment for specific purposes related to the above.
The application process is ongoing and interested applicants may apply at any time.
The Trust will work in partnership with other organisations to fund projects beyond the financial capabilities of a single organisation.
Applicants are asked to provide an initial outline (approximately two sides of A4) Full details and guidance is available from their website
The Dunhill Medical Trust
6 New Bridge Street
Tel: 020 7403 3299