The Barclays Foundation – COVID-19 Community Aid Package Barclays have announced a new £100m package of funding, initially to provide a COVID-19 Community Aid Package to charities working to support vulnerable people impacted by COVID-19, and to alleviate the associated social and economic hardship caused by the crisis.
Component 1 – Charity Partners Programme
- A £50 million fund.
- Disbursed principally in the UK, but also in some of our international markets such as the US and India, in part reflecting where our most significant colleague population centres are.
- Funding deployed via partnerships with trusted charities who can have a direct and immediate impact on the communities we wish to help in those geographies.
- Funding to be targeted at programmes as local to our major locations as possible – the places where our colleagues live and work, and where they can potentially help directly.
- The money will be used to help disadvantaged people (those suffering from social and economic deprivation as a consequence of COVID-19), the elderly and vulnerable communities most at risk from COVID-19, and to support NHS staff and other keyworker communities.
Component 2 – Employee Matched Donations Programme
- A £50 million commitment.
- Barclays will match an individual colleague’s donations to charities working to support vulnerable people impacted by COVID-19, and in alleviating the associated social and economic hardship caused by the crisis.
- A colleague may select a charity of his or her choice for their donation and matching programme, provided the charity is officially registered, and is engaged in supporting communities impacted by COVID-19.
- Un-utilised corporate funds (any balance of the £50 million) at the end of 12 months would be deployed to the Charity Partners Programme so that Barclays meets its overall public commitment of a £100 million contribution to COVID-19 Community Aid.
The full announcement can be found here