The People’s Health Trust – Active Communities provides funding for local groups and organisations ‘to help create fairer places, to grow, live, work and age. Community groups and not-for-profit organisations with an income of less than £350,000 a year can apply for a grant of between £5,000 and £50,000 to help with projects lasting between nine months and two years.
In order to be eligible, projects should:
- Be designed and led by local people.
- Be small and local taking place, for example, on a few streets or a small village.
- Create stronger connections between people.
- Enable people to feel they are doing something positive in their area, making a difference and feeling good about it.
- Be in one or more of the eligible neighbourhoods.
Check their website to see if your region has a round currently open