Grants are available to organisations that further the objectives of the NFU Mutual Charitable Trust, particularly those that educate young people in rural areas and relieve poverty in rural areas. Following a recent strategic review, the Trustees have indicated that in future, the Trust will focus on providing funding to larger initiatives, which would have a significant impact on the rural community. Their main objectives are to:
- Advance the education of young people within rural areas.
- Relieve poverty within rural areas.
- Promote the benefit and social welfare of inhabitants of rural communities by associating together with the inhabitants and local authorities, voluntary and other organisations to advance education and leisure.
- Advance the education of the public by means of research and dissemination of information in relation to agriculture.
- Promote research into agriculture associated activities.
- Advance the education of the public by means of research and dissemination of information in relation to insurance.
Previous grants have ranged from £1,000 and run upwards to £30,000.
Applications may be submitted at any time and will be considered twice a year (June/December). The 2016 deadlines are 27 May 2016 and 28 October 2016.
Full details here