Although there are no set funding levels, grants tend to range from £1,000 to £30,000.
The Trust’s objectives are to promote, facilitate and support charitable work in the areas of agriculture, rural development and insurance in the United Kingdom and in particular:
- Advance the education of young people within rural areas.
- Relieve poverty within rural areas.
- Promote the benefit and social welfare of inhabitants of rural communities by associating together with the inhabitants and local authorities, voluntary and other organisations to advance education and leisure.
- Advance the education of the public by means of research and dissemination of information in relation to agriculture.
- Promote research into agriculture associated activities.
- Advance the education of the public by means of research and dissemination of information in relation to insurance.
Charitable organisations based and working within the UK seeking funding for charitable initiatives in the areas of education, research, social welfare and poverty relief can apply. It is not necessary to be a registered charity to apply.
There are two funding rounds per year.
The 2017 deadlines for applications are 27 October 2017.
Further details are available from: https://www.nfumutual.co.uk/about-us/our-charitable-trust/applications-for-funding/ or email: firstname.lastname@example.org