The current programme focuses on funding core work that helps disadvantaged people to play a fuller role in the community.
- Improved social and community involvement.
- Improved life choices and chances.
- Helping people to be heard.
Charities that are located in either England or Wales can apply for grants for between one and three years that are appropriate to the size and needs of each charity.
Applications for this programme will close on 14 February 2014.
The Foundation intends to launch a new funding strategy in April 2014.
The new programmes will demonstrate the Foundation’s ongoing commitment to support charities that have the greatest impact upon improving the lives of disadvantaged people and their communities. The following programmes will be available:
- Invest – a flexible, long term core funding programme for organisations delivering clear, targeted outcomes for disadvantaged people.
- Enable – a smaller and shorter grants programme for organisations that have identified clear development needs.
- Enhance – a programme working alongside the Invest or Enable programme providing an option of tailored in-kind support to strengthen and develop charities’ effectiveness.
Further information about the new programmes is expected to be published in April 2014 when they will open to applications. More information available from their website