These are some of my Free funding resources
These funding resources are all free to download:
- Check list. This is a check list of things that should be included in an application to funders.
- Grants: This is a list of funders (Trusts and Foundations) who offer small grants, typically under £10,000. Many are also able to give a quick decision.
- Why applications Fail (click to download)- This short handout lists the main reasons funding applications fail.
- Sources of funding (click to download) This is a list of a range of funding sources such as gift aid, online giving, collection tins, membership, appeals and gives the pros and cons of each.
- Funding strategy content – guide to writing your strategy
- Funding Eye: Funding strategy spreadsheet – An excel spreadsheet of tables to help you gather data to produce your funding strategy
I’m often asked what makes a good application; the diagram below identifies some of the key elements that can help make your grant application a success.
Here are some more online guides to help with your fundraising:-
- St Ann’s Hospice: Best Practice Guides – Scroll down to the bottom of the web page for the social media guides, which are ideal if you are new to digital tools.
- Institute of Fundraising: Guide to Social Media – A helpful guide to using social media as a fundraising tool.
- Institute of Fundraising/Mission Fish: ‘Passion, persistence and partnership: Secrets to earning more online
- These are webinars from the Institute of Fundraising covering basic funding themes
- Funding Eye’s Social Media tips