For organisations working to prevent long-term homelessness and shelter insecurity in the UK, India, South Africa, Zambia and Nigeria.
‘Locally rooted’ organisations are invited to apply.
The funding is available for three to five years and:
- Single applicants can apply for between £150,000 to £300,000
- Consortiums can apply for up to £750,000
- Funding can be used to cover the core costs/ overheads of an organisation/partnerships, or specific projects and activities, or a mixture of the two.
Comic Relief is interested in work that:
- Uses a rights-based approach.
- Uses a participatory approach; valuing the experience and insights from people directly affected by homelessness and shelter insecurity, at all stages of the project.
- Recognises the complexity of people’s needs; the effects of trauma, uncertainty, violence and abuse; and works in partnership to meet these needs.
- Contributes to a movement for change, translating the learning from communities into effective advocacy, collective action and influence.
Applications will be accepted from 15 August until 1 October 2018