Do you live by the coast?
The Coastal Communities Fund (from Big Lottery Fund) supports projects that boost the economic prospects of coastal communities across the UK. The programme funds a wide range of projects, including those that support charities, the environment, education and health
Funding awards of over £50,000 are available for projects lasting up to two years. There is no set upper limit on grants (except in Wales where the maximum per application is £300,000); however, the Big Fund has suggested that the maximum amount awarded is unlikely to be greater than £2 million. Examples of activities that may be funded include:
- Supporting skills and training initiatives to improve job prospects.
- Maintaining and developing specialised tourist infrastructure.
- Managing and adapting to flood and coastal erosion risk.
- Supporting social enterprises to bring new economic opportunities and jobs.
- Offering apprenticeships to school leavers.
- Creating new workspaces to support and grow local economies.
- Boosting local approaches to promoting enterprise and economic regeneration.
- Supporting sustainable transport improvements.
There is a two stage application process. The deadline for stage one applications is 30 April 2014. Full detail here