Chances for Children grants are individually tailored grants of up to £2,000 for children and young people who have experienced a crisis that has recently had a significant and enduring impact on their social and emotional wellbeing and educational engagement.
They only accept applications from frontline professionals (from a registered charity, housing association or public sector organisation):
- who are working directly with the children/young person
- ideally, have carried out at least one home visit
- and have made a full assessment of the children’s or young person’s needs
Children and young people must meet ALL criteria:
- Be children or a young person aged 18 and under, if living with parent/carer, OR 20 and under if living independently, with little or no support from their family
- Be living on a low income and experiencing financial hardship
- The children and young people have experienced a crisis that has recently had a significant and enduring impact on all three of the following:
- their social wellbeing
- their emotional wellbeing
- and their educational engagement
- The family or young person has recently taken action to improve their situation, are actively engaging with support and are moving on from the crisis.
Full information here