Christopher and Hannah Taylor established their charitable trust in 1964 when Christopher retired from Cadbury Schweppes, to enable them to support causes in which they were interested.
A substantial proportion of the grants awarded by The Trust are given for the work and concerns of the Religious Society of Friends. Projects with a defined link to Quaker work or supported by Friends will be considered regardless of location.
The Trust provides support to charitable organisations serving Birmingham and the West Midlands. Attention is given to applications from small locally-based charities and schemes intended to solve local problems and improve the quality of life within communities
- The CB and HH Taylor 1984 Trust will only support charities registered with the Charity Commission in the UK or from organisations legally exempt from the need to register.
- The Trust will not consider applications from individuals.
- Applications for specific projects and development are preferred.
- Applications should be concise and to the point.
- Financial information should show a clear budget for the project for which funding is sought and include sources of income.